According to the second amendment of the United States Constitution, it is your right as a citizen to keep and bear arms.
There are rules and qualifications to keep in mind, however. There are steps buying a gun (or any firearms) in State of California:
- Firearms must be purchased through a licensed firearms dealer.
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old to purchase a rifle or shotgun.
- You must be a minimum of 21 years old to purchase a pistol.
- You must bring with you a current Government issued photo ID.
- Proof of residency ie. current utility bill or car registration card with the same address as on your photo id.
- You must have a valid hunting license or Firearm Safety Certificate. Active military and police are exempt from this requirement.